Saturday, August 30, 2014

Adventures with my dog Bella

They say you are either a cat or a dog person.  I used to think I was a cat person until I saw an adorable Boston Terrier at the rescue shelter in Amarillo.

All the other dogs barked at me and wanted my attention.  But not Bella (okay, her name was Molly, but I decided to rename her).  Anyway, she did not acknowledge my presence in any way.  I thought, "That's the dog I want!  I want an independent animal!"

Independent?  Psh, yeah right.  She follows me everywhere: to the kitchen, to the living room, to the bathroom, to my bedroom.  She peers out the window when I leave every morning, and it breaks my heart. 

Bella has improved the quality of my life.  I love my dog!


While I typed this blog entry, this is what Bella did.
 

















We love exploring our new home.



We'll cross that bridge when we get to it!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely dog Bella is Angela. How old is she please?
    How are you getting on back in College Station University please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I'm a 'cat-dog' person, because I have them both and I love them in equal measure. Hahaha! Anyway, I do believe the dog-lover life agrees with you. Your adventures with Bella all look so fun. She's so adorable! I hope you are both in the best of health. Thanks for sharing your lovely post!

    Sherri Briggs @ The Pet Glider

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! You and Bella have such lovely adventures. You post is simple, yet it touched my heart, especially when you mentioned her reaction whenever you leave the house. Dogs are truly the best friends we can ever have. On the other hand, cats have different personalities and quirks, but their sweetness are just too die for as well. Anyway, the different characteristics of both animals made me love both in such a positive way. Thanks for sharing that, Angela! All the best to you!

    Randal Barber @ Poggis Animal House

    ReplyDelete