Friday, June 6, 2014

The best gift I have ever received

"We're not the one's who've been teaching Radio - Radio's the one who's been teaching us."  It's been years since I've seen the movie Radio, but that's my favorite line from the movie.

While I was teaching my students, they were teaching me.  They reminded me not to take life so seriously; their vitality influenced me.  I enjoyed supporting them at extracurricular activities and being part of their lives.

At the end of the year, I received a book full of life tips and quotes from Lora and Mackenzie.  I wanted to share this on my blog because it touched my heart.


Priceless.  This one is my favorite, Lora!



I've seen every episode, Mackenzie!

I told my students that one morning when I awoke, I panicked because my arm was asleep.  I thought I was about to have a heart attack, so I googled "signs of a heart attack" and was ready to drive myself to the emergency room or dial 911.   Apparently, I had just slept on my arm, so it was numb.  Oh well.



Thank you, Lora and Mackenzie!  I always wanted a book dedicated to me.  Thanks for making this dream come true!



2 comments:

  1. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job!
    Wedding Return Gifts Chennai | Indian Return Gifts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Saw your blog! I'm year 12 (not sure what that is in the US) and my media class are writing about documentarys. Spellbound is included. One big theme that connects to you is 'The American Dream'. I talk about your father and how you entered The National Spelling Bee as a first-generation American. Thats incredible! Could I maybe get a few words about that? :) thanks for your time!!

    ReplyDelete