Sunday, March 30, 2014

Life lesson: tour local spots

The Big Texan
I have a Japanese friend who has encouraged me to get in touch with my adventurous side by traveling locally.  By the way, I even tried sushi and liked it at Hayashi Hibachi in Amarillo. 

I admit I have a zest for travel.  This lifelong quest to see the world was ignited in me when I studied in Spain for a semester in college.

Until recently, I have overlooked travel to local spots.  Unfortunately, I convinced myself that local areas were overrated. 

I don't know, for example, how many times I have seen the Big Texan on different travel channels and thought to myself, "What a tourist trap!"  Well, I actually went there a few weeks ago and loved the food, the service, and the rustic atmosphere.  I was born in Perryton, which is located two hours north of Amarillo, and I finally went to this Texan gem at the age of 29.  I had such a fun time.

Furthermore, I went to Cadillac Ranch yesterday, located west of Amarillo, and partook in the tradition of spray-painting my own art on a Cadillac hoisted halfway into the ground.

Cadillac Ranch

I am learning to see the beauty that exists everywhere.  Explore where you are, people!
Cadillac Ranch gift shop

You don't have to spend money to fly overseas in order to have an adventure.



1 comment:

  1. Later on the Lord Buddha spread the Buddhism in across the world. He has also established several Buddhist shrines in across the world. In India, tourists can also find varied Buddhist shrines located in diverse state or cites of the country. Buddha tour india enables the tourists to know about the holy temples of Lord Buddha.

    ReplyDelete