Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fighting a cold

I'm up at 5:14 a.m. regardless of what the time at the end of this blog entry will lead you to believe.  I need to fix the settings.  My mind is most alert early in the morning.  I used to get up at 4:00 or 5:00 to study in college before my 8:00 Latin class.  I tried to be mindful of my roommate by leaving the dorm room and studying in the hallway

The second day of a cold or whatever this is, I woke up drenched in sweat.  Just thinking about coughing is making me cough.  The mind is amazing.  Wow, I coughed as I typed the word coughed.

I'm letting a throat lozenge dissolve in my mouth while I listen to 90s music.  "Unpretty" by TLC is playing.  I love this song, especially the guitar solo at the end.  I love how the song portrays a positive message about body image.  Regardless of what the media, superficial people, or other influences would have us believe, we are beautiful as we are.

I deviate because I wanted to blog about my cold.  I have been doing the following to keep my symptoms at bay: drinking more water than usual (more than 4 bottles a day), sipping on orange juice, dissolving Emergen-C packets in half a water bottle, taking Mucinex D, throat lozenges, eating chicken soup and yogurt even when I don't feel like eating.  Oh yeah, and Aleve for body aches.  All in all I'm doing fine.

I once heard somebody say that the secret to success is doing what you're supposed to do when you're supposed to be doing it.

Now "Lullaby" by Shawn Mullins is playing.
Everything's gonna be all right.
Rockabye, rockabye,
Everything's gonna be all right,
Rockabye, rockabye.

This seems like an appropriate ending for my blog entry.  This song always makes me feel better.  I will add that to my daily regimen until I get over this cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment