Saturday, December 14, 2013

Anthony

I miss my nephew Anthony.  Having lived with us the first few years of his life, he became like a little brother to me. 

We used to play judge (or that's what I called it at the time).  I was the judge, and he was always the defendant.  I would let him tell his side of the story; I found him guilty each and every single time. 

"You always find me guilty!!"  he exclaimed and would run crying to Mom.

We loved going to Heather's.  We jumped on the trampoline, and sometimes the three of us would lie on the trampoline and gaze up at the stars at night.  Mom worried about us being out in the dark, so we could never stay at Heather's for long.

Anthony even performed in high school music videos that I created for biology class.  He was the lead singer for a song I wrote about mitosis.

Anthony loved riding in elevators.  Anytime we went to a building with an elevator, he would tell me to go ride the elevator with him.  It was like a carnival ride to him. 

Born premature, Anthony weighed three pounds.  I was happy to be an aunt the first time I saw him. 

I am proud of him and love him. 

You were NOT guilty each time, Anthony.  I was just a cruel judge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment